Teams
Rankings
Polls
Players
Alumni
Hall of Fame
Archive

Who's Online
0 registered and 32 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Karl Nickolai
westernalum
DMAC
uffleshuffle
rymac300
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#5017 - 01/08/09 02:25 PM Re: POY? ROY? all-american? [Re: Bowling_Coach]
UNO Mavs Offline
forum member

Loc: Omaha, NE
 Originally Posted By: Bowling_Coach
To be considered for All American and Rookie of the Year, a bowler must make a Tier 1 All Tournament Team or win a Tier 2 Event. From the vote for All American, the rookie with the most points earns the Rookie of the Year award.

Or, be in the top 25 of the high average OR average differential list.

#5018 - 01/08/09 02:51 PM Re: POY? ROY? all-american? [Re: UNO Mavs]
Captain Obvious Offline
forum member

Thank you coaches...

...hey what about the coach of the year award LOL? No love for the coaches on here? I suppose Slowinski has a good shot, pretty good program in its first year there at Webber. Of course, should be easy with his experience and the best training facility on the planet!

Any other candidates?

#5021 - 01/08/09 03:29 PM Re: POY? ROY? all-american? [Re: Scott]
sma428 Offline
forum member

Loc: New York
 Originally Posted By: Scott
I definately agree with Captain Obvious and untrc. If you cant keep up your grades then you shouldnt be given any awards.
This happened last year with Brian Valenta. He bowled half the year and still made one of the All-American teams. He's a good bowler but still. Give me a break.

I also agree. I guess we will have to wait to see if the coaches agree with us as well.

And just out of curiosity, does anybody think Celmer will finish higher than HM? The only reason I am so curious is because I really think that he should receive decent recognition for what he has done this year, low average or not. Let's not forget, one of the tournaments he won he only averaged 193.

Edited by sma428 (01/08/09 03:32 PM)

#5023 - 01/08/09 03:44 PM Re: POY? ROY? all-american? [Re: sma428]
Captain Obvious Offline
forum member

Winning four collegiate tournaments is a helluva accomplishment. But, his 179 average and -.5 avg. diff in the tournaments he didn't win is lackluster at best. Honorable Mention for you!

Edited by Captain Obvious (01/08/09 03:46 PM)

#5024 - 01/08/09 03:45 PM Re: POY? ROY? all-american? [Re: sma428]
houdini84 Offline
forum member

I honestly think his bad tournaments out weight his wins. they hurt his ave diff quite a bit. I dont like his chances if hes not keeping up with the feild even when hes bowling bad. winning tournaments is great but to be an all american you should be near the top of the feild even when your bowling bad.

Mckendree University

http://www.Stormbowling.com

The start of a new beginning

#5025 - 01/08/09 05:59 PM Re: POY? ROY? all-american? [Re: houdini84]
DMAC Offline
forum member

Loc: Saginaw, MI
i agree with JR from what i have seen in college bowling wins make the difference but if you cant stay in the line up when your bowling bad then i really dont think your going to make first team maybe even second.
dont get me wrong 4 wins in the first half is great but he has been pulled how many times?

with rookie of the year its going to be a race for the ones that are bowling to see their average diff. who is higher! i would like to say that its going to be a hard fought battle between mysled and John.

John has bowled amazing this year and i really do not think he is going to let up. and i (as long as i can stay on the team without getting suspended lol JK) will not give up either.
SAG will bowling in 3 of the major tournaments where WSU will be at, so we will see what will happen.

So good luck to all its going to be extremely interesting coming down to the finish line.

P.S. i would like to thank all the guys i have battled with on the college bowling fourm, if it wasnt for you guys i would have not had broken the top posts. (i said to myself i wouldnt cry lol) but it feels great to do it let the posts come !!!!!!!!

#5028 - 01/08/09 10:12 PM Re: POY? ROY? all-american? [Re: DMAC]
dwab1234 Offline
forum member

sambueno should definitely not be allowed to receive any award. he shouldnt even be on the ballot for anything
#5029 - 01/08/09 10:20 PM Re: POY? ROY? all-american? [Re: dwab1234]
DMAC Offline
forum member

Loc: Saginaw, MI
then why was Valenta last year?

you know what you need to worry about yourself and not wether or not Toby is on the ballot or not.

like i said go to a high school site and talk your opinion here really doesnt matter to ppl unless you can identify yourself then maybe we would maybe care what you have to say!!!

#5034 - 01/08/09 11:41 PM Re: POY? ROY? all-american? [Re: Scott]
D Pat Offline
forum member

Loc: Fresno, CA
With us having three tournaments left (two of them being Tier 1's), I'd like to think my buddy Greg Geering has a shot at ROY. I know he'd have to do some serious work, but I still think it's definitely possible.

#5039 - 01/09/09 02:09 AM Re: POY? ROY? all-american? [Re: D Pat]
deuirej Offline
forum member

Loc: Kingston, NY
on Celmer, winning four tourneys in a year is def. an all american no doubt..2 of those being tier 1's..come on..no less then second team..yeah his other tourneys are bad but still no one in the country has 4 wins and 2 being tier 1s sooooo...

coaches award..has to be slowinski..but the same top coaches are always up in the running

Edited by deuirej (01/09/09 02:09 AM)

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Hop to:
Shout Box

September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Generated in 0.105 seconds in which 0.069 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.