Teams
Rankings
Polls
Players
Alumni
Hall of Fame
Archive

Who's Online
0 registered and 45 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Karl Nickolai
westernalum
DMAC
uffleshuffle
rymac300
Page 8 of 11 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#4780 - 12/11/08 09:32 AM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: untrc]
untrc Offline
forum member

And I'm off to take my last final... I deal with any further ridiculousness when I get back.

#4781 - 12/11/08 09:38 AM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: untrc]
sma428 Offline
forum member

Loc: New York
Yes but even then there is no reason to bring up stuff like academics. Nobody ever insulted your intelligence,just bowling. And nobody singled you until you came at them. They were insulting your team, which you guys brought on yourself(go to rookie of the year thread if you need a reminder). You singled yourself out when you started stuff with Toby, Dan, Dean and whoever else you had conflicts with.

#4782 - 12/11/08 09:43 AM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: untrc]
Greg Offline
forum member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
 Originally Posted By: untrc

Maybe you don't realize that not all of us need bowling to take us somewhere. I, for one, don't make bowling a complete priority because I've got plenty of academic talent, which to use your words "you will never be able to reach in your wildest dreams." Sure, I'll be here for another 2 years until my eligibility runs out, but I'll also be working on my Ph.D., which is infinitely more important in the long term.

Sure they recognize that all college bowlers don't aspire to go pro. I personally don't feel like I have a chance in hell to go pro, and frankly wouldn't want to if I could. BUT I DON'T COME ON THESE FORUMS TELLING OTHER TEAMS THAT THEY BOWL ON EASY CONDITIONS AND THAT IS THE SOLE REASON BEHIND THEIR AVERAGES. I DON'T PISS AND MOAN BECAUSE "I don't try as hard at bowling as you do..I'm too busy studying" AND THEN BITCH WHEN THEY POST HIGHER AVERAGES. For the love of God just SIT DOWN already. You are embarrassing yourself and your school. DMAC finished first in the entire conference on back to back days. I don't care if that was WII BOWLING, its still damn impressive. And congrats on that Dan.

Originally Posted By: untrc

If you, or anyone else, was following the point of the conversation, at least from my end, then you would see that all that's being said is that the comparisons about who is bowling better during the regular tournament season isn't really worth much when we've got some obviously cake patterns being laid out in certain regions. No one is claiming that it happens at every tournament, but the fact that it happens at all means that the whole stat comparison is bogus. Unless everyone bowls on the same conditions, then the debate will surface. Like I've said numerous times, even on an easier shot, you guys still obviously bowled very well, and I'm not trying to take anything away from that, because I know you also bowl well on the most difficult shots.

You can call our team whatever you want, but respect really doesn't mean much in collegiate bowling. Its each team against the pins, not each other. I don't need to win any popularity contests amongst a bunch of kids to make myself feel good. You can like me or not, respect me or not, but at the end of the day, it means nothing to me. I try to be as civil as I can, but there's always someone who wants to come back hurling insults around *cough*Toby*cough*, yet I'm the one called negative by Dean (yet another person I won't remember in 3 years) when I respond in kind.

Well isn't that a crock of bs. Your post came onto the forums ripping northern teams for the oil patterns they bowl on. I didn't see anything cordial or politely claiming maybe it is unfair to judge people solely on averages. You came here picking a fight and you got one. There is a reason why 3 of the 6 teams in the ITC championship match the last 3 years....WERE FROM THE AHIBC! So maybe we do have talent up here...And then you want to brag about you academic endeavors instead of bowling...okay. Fine. I'll bite. I for one am unimpressed with whatever degree you attain from a school that accepts 66% of its applicants.

Edited by Greg (12/11/08 10:16 AM)

#4783 - 12/11/08 09:54 AM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: Greg]
sma428 Offline
forum member

Loc: New York
Well said Greg i couldn't have said it better myself. And thank you for the fact about UNT. I did not know that.

#4786 - 12/11/08 10:41 AM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: sma428]
houdini84 Offline
forum member

I Love Lamp!

Mckendree University

http://www.Stormbowling.com

The start of a new beginning

#4790 - 12/11/08 12:42 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: houdini84]
DMAC Offline
forum member

Loc: Saginaw, MI
well just to make everyone happy yes i care about bowling more then school. i have been told i could make it and i'll try and succeed at it, but the one thing my father always taught me (god rest his soul) is to give respect if you want it in return, and that a degree is the thing you strive for and never give up.

UNTRC i'm sorry for insulting you your academia is way higher then what i would like to put forth the effort. i hope you make it far in life without the stress of trying to make money every week, like i will try and do.

good luck on your last final i hope ya ace it haus, but one last thing dont criticize me for my grammar on here when your teammate just brutalizes the english language when he post replies, so have a great day !!

#4792 - 12/11/08 12:43 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: DMAC]
DMAC Offline
forum member

Loc: Saginaw, MI
thanks for the kind words greg!

JR your still the man!

Dean i am a house bowler why you think i average so high in college i only bowl on them!!!

#4795 - 12/11/08 02:17 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: DMAC]
untrc Offline
forum member

Originally Posted By: DMAC
well just to make everyone happy yes i care about bowling more then school. i have been told i could make it and i'll try and succeed at it, but the one thing my father always taught me (god rest his soul) is to give respect if you want it in return, and that a degree is the thing you strive for and never give up.

UNTRC i'm sorry for insulting you your academia is way higher then what i would like to put forth the effort. i hope you make it far in life without the stress of trying to make money every week, like i will try and do.

good luck on your last final i hope ya ace it haus, but one last thing dont criticize me for my grammar on here when your teammate just brutalizes the english language when he post replies, so have a great day !!

I agree that you can probably make it as a pro; like I've said, you're a talented bowler... And yes, I put emphasis on my academics because its what I'm good at.

And I give Sean and Anthony crap all the time for their grammar and spelling, I just do it in person... I can't read half of the texts I get from Anthony.

Originally Posted By: sma428
You singled yourself out when you started stuff with Toby, Dan, Dean and whoever else you had conflicts with.

Wrong... I responded to each after they had first posted something derogatory or insulting. Go back and see for yourself. I never addressed any of them until they said something first.

I'm willing to drop the back and forth as long as everyone else is... I don't start crap here, but I will respond to challenges and insults. No matter what Greg thinks, I wasn't the one who posted bitching about anyone's patterns. I gave an opinion that the patterns should be standardized, otherwise there's no absolute comparison to make, other than sectionals and nationals, but that's as far as my opinion went.

And with that, I'm done in this post. I try to give credit where its due, and I'm willing to give crap where it is due. For the selective readers out there, have fun misreading this post along with all my others, since you don't seem to comprehend what I've said all along...

Edited by untrc (12/11/08 02:22 PM)

#4796 - 12/11/08 03:00 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: untrc]
KOL_Muse_fan Offline
forum member

ive read this entire post and found it quite funny. i mean the bickering really isn't necessary. about the patterns, I dont think too many people disagree with you there untrc, but a good point to make is that we cannot control the houses in laying them out.

I recall last year bowling at the Titan Invitational and they were going to lay out the shark. They claimed they did, but a few things went wrong and 7 players in our two teams averaged over 211. First off they apparently layed the pattern on top of the leftover house pattern without stripping, and secondly I dont think they had it in the machine right either. The shot played like a wall, and the house claimed it was the shark, but what can we do about this? these things happen.

On another note, bringing up your comment about the 165 field average in the SWIBC II. Your team seemed to handle the shot just fine, and when you take a look at the field, there were 50 bowlers all of which bowled all 6 games. Then, we must note that majority of those bowlers have a 150-160 average, in all tournaments they have bowled... and 3 of the teams I believe didnt even make the top 64 for sectionals last year. I dont doubt the shot wasnt easy, but competition for you guys was a lot lower there as well. However not to intentionally take things away from those teams, that is why Average Differential and placement in the top 25 numbers are some of the bigger factors in figuring POY/ROY awards. That tournament still helps your bowlers because you had 2 guys over 200 (one at 207 i believe) which for him is a 1st place finish and a +32 avg. differential. That matters more than pure average itself. Really, this argument is brought up every year, but in the end when the teams make it to the bigger tournaments such as the Hoosier and the Vegas events, these skewed views are equalized.

Wow I really got long winded here.... sorry about that haha.

#4797 - 12/11/08 03:01 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: untrc]
Captain Obvious Offline
forum member

Sadly, this thread has turned into a bashing of the wrong ignorant UNT student!

UNTbowler2008 posted the original whiney complaint, and has been absent since page two of the thread. Probably because he was repeatedly flamed by...everyone with any knowledge of the game.

Richard is a nice stand in, but seems to be fighting someone else's battle. Thats what teammates are for, right?

Page 8 of 11 « First<678910>Last »

Hop to:
Shout Box

November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Generated in 0.201 seconds in which 0.127 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.