Teams
Rankings
Polls
Players
Alumni
Hall of Fame
Archive

Who's Online
0 registered and 21 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Karl Nickolai
westernalum
DMAC
uffleshuffle
rymac300
Page 1 of 11 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#4708 - 12/09/08 03:08 PM American Heartland IV
UNTbowler2008 Offline
forum member

so i like how once again saginaw and them get another house shot tournament. everyone gets on their and says how high their averages are well ya when you bowl on house shots its not hard. UNT and the conference is going to try to make their conference championships on house shot and its a plano super bowl which is one of the easiest shots in the south so their should be some super high averages if it is and i dont want to see one person get on here and complain when the field average is close to 200 with 15 plus people averaging 220+ because yall all have had multiple house shot tournaments with the exception of a few teams out their so we will see what happens if our championships is on house shot and next year we will make sure all our conferences are house shot
#4709 - 12/09/08 03:16 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: UNTbowler2008]
RIT_Kerp Offline
forum member

Loc: Rochester, NY
Meh, its not even worth commenting on if you ask me. Let the averages be what they are. All comes down to who the last team thats left standing come mid April.

Trading A's for Strikes since 2006.

#4710 - 12/09/08 03:19 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: RIT_Kerp]
untrc Offline
forum member

Originally Posted By: RIT_Kerp
Meh, its not even worth commenting on if you ask me. Let the averages be what they are. All comes down to who the last team thats left standing come mid April.

Agreed. Nationals is what matters, and that's not going to be on house shot... It is annoying to hear people talking about how good they are and how high their avg diff's are when they bowl on china, though. I think house shots should be banned from collegiate bowling, personally... If I wanted to bowl on that, I'd join a league.

#4711 - 12/09/08 04:13 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: untrc]
KOL_Muse_fan Offline
forum member

I agree, the tournaments we bowl at UNO rarely have a house shot, although at a couple we have run into patterns which ended up being "walled up" but regardless, come sectionals and nationals, you see where the talent truly lies. I think we would have a better view at who the teams to beat are earlier in the season if all tournaments were bowled on tougher patterns because you would then be able to see who bowled most consistently throughout the season and which teams were able to overcome adversities on the lanes.

#4712 - 12/09/08 04:48 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: KOL_Muse_fan]
JLyon Offline
forum member

Loc: Conway, AR
Just curious, what was the point of this thread other than to piss off the northern natives??
Besides I believe it was 2003 I believe we drove to El Paso for SWIBC Tournament and it was walled beyond belief, if I could average 200+ on that shot then it was beyond easy.

I know the SWIBC tried to bowl on non-house shots but many times things happen and the host lanes forget or just do not place a tougher shot.

Edited by JLyon (12/09/08 04:50 PM)

#4713 - 12/09/08 05:12 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: JLyon]
UNO Mavs Offline
forum member

Loc: Omaha, NE
If you wanna wall up your conference championship and your entire conference schedule to up your average, more power to ya. If you wanna do it solely to get back at DMAC and friends for killing one 5 game tournament, it would just be one more reason not to respect what you guys are doing down in Dallas. Posts like that prove ignorance toward how collegiate bowling works and shows disrespect for some very good players.

Before you go accusing and spouting off at and about people/teams, look at your own conference. SWIBC 1 had 14 guys out of 63 average over 200 (22%), with a 181 field average. AHIBC 4 had 34 guys out of 160 average over 200 (21%) with a 186 field average. To the outsider, I'd say the difference is negligible.

The thing to look at is even though 34 (of about 150-160) men were 200 or better, the field average was only 186. That is a reason why average differential is a stat. Differential is just as, if not more, important than average itself, and DMAC stomped out the field average at like +69. For anyone who knows how the average differential works, +69 is an unheard of stat. Even if you take out the bottom chunk of the field so the field average goes up to say 205, +51 is STILL a rediculous number.

And, contrary to what you might believe, I'm sure DMAC didn't walk up to the tournament director and say, "Hey can you wall them up so I can make my stats look better?" He showed up and was forced to bowl on the same stuff as everyone else, and he destroyed it. Hey Dan, where is your post about how you killed it this weekend gloating to everyone (sarcasm)?

It was only a 5 game tournament so in the grand scheme, it doesn't mean that much. The Saginaw boys will bowl a 100 game schedule anyway. Best thing to do is to say "Good job" and get back to getting ready for Vegas.

#4714 - 12/09/08 05:17 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: UNO Mavs]
rymac300 Offline
forum member

perfectly said J.J. agree with you 100%

some people i think are just jealous...

#4715 - 12/09/08 05:47 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: UNO Mavs]
untrc Offline
forum member

Originally Posted By: UNO Mavs
If you wanna wall up your conference championship and your entire conference schedule to up your average, more power to ya. If you wanna do it solely to get back at DMAC and friends for killing one 5 game tournament, it would just be one more reason not to respect what you guys are doing down in Dallas. Posts like that prove ignorance toward how collegiate bowling works and shows disrespect for some very good players.

Before you go accusing and spouting off at and about people/teams, look at your own conference. SWIBC 1 had 14 guys out of 63 average over 200 (22%), with a 181 field average. AHIBC 4 had 34 guys out of 160 average over 200 (21%) with a 186 field average. To the outsider, I'd say the difference is negligible.

The thing to look at is even though 34 (of about 150-160) men were 200 or better, the field average was only 186. That is a reason why average differential is a stat. Differential is just as, if not more, important than average itself, and DMAC stomped out the field average at like +69. For anyone who knows how the average differential works, +69 is an unheard of stat. Even if you take out the bottom chunk of the field so the field average goes up to say 205, +51 is STILL a rediculous number.

And, contrary to what you might believe, I'm sure DMAC didn't walk up to the tournament director and say, "Hey can you wall them up so I can make my stats look better?" He showed up and was forced to bowl on the same stuff as everyone else, and he destroyed it. Hey Dan, where is your post about how you killed it this weekend gloating to everyone (sarcasm)?

It was only a 5 game tournament so in the grand scheme, it doesn't mean that much. The Saginaw boys will bowl a 100 game schedule anyway. Best thing to do is to say "Good job" and get back to getting ready for Vegas.

Exactly... Since we don't bowl on the same patterns or in the same tournaments on a regular basis, all anyone can do is look toward sectionals and nationals to make a comparison.

+69 is ridiculous no matter the shot, great shooting DMAC; but to everyone only +35 or less, you SUCK! (read the sarcasm, I don't want to hear complaints)

#4716 - 12/09/08 06:07 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: untrc]
UNO Mavs Offline
forum member

Loc: Omaha, NE
 Originally Posted By: untrc
+69 is ridiculous no matter the shot, great shooting DMAC; but to everyone only +35 or less, you SUCK! (read the sarcasm, I don't want to hear complaints)

Now THAT was funny. I don't care who you are \:\)

#4717 - 12/09/08 06:24 PM Re: American Heartland IV [Re: UNO Mavs]
KOL_Muse_fan Offline
forum member

Originally Posted By: UNO Mavs

And, contrary to what you might believe, I'm sure DMAC didn't walk up to the tournament director and say, "Hey can you wall them up so I can make my stats look better?"

Haha yes J's, and really, how does putting up a wall pad stats? Sure your average will go up, but doesn't that hurt your average differential usually? Because lets face it, if you go onto a house shot, everyone's scores will go up, which is why differential takes field average. You bowl on a house shot, sure you might average 250, but chances are the field average is a lot higher than if youd have been on a tougher pattern

Page 1 of 11 12345>Last »

Hop to:
Shout Box

June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Generated in 0.141 seconds in which 0.081 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.