Teams
Rankings
Polls
Players
Alumni
Hall of Fame
Archive

Who's Online
0 registered and 32 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Karl Nickolai
westernalum
DMAC
uffleshuffle
rymac300
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#13 - 12/11/06 12:51 AM Best players in the nation!
kurtAngle Offline
forum member

Who are some of the best players in the nation? and try not to talk about the guys that bowl on nothing but house shots most of the time.

just to give you an idea, i would go with,

1. shea bittenbender
2. george lambert
3. dan macleland
4. pj haggerty
5. steve elson

top rookie, jr raymond - matt deuire - matt ogrady

#21 - 12/11/06 03:37 AM Re: Best players in the nation! [Re: kurtAngle]
DMAC Offline
forum member

Loc: Saginaw, MI
i also agree with kurtAngle. great picks and the same wiht the rookies!!

second semester is going to be a blast with all the great bowling that will take place, trying to edge out bowlers for the Player of the Year and Rookies of the Year spots.

#23 - 12/11/06 03:46 AM Re: Best players in the nation! [Re: DMAC]
houdini84 Offline
forum member

I think those are good picks for the top 5, I would prolly switch dmac to #2 and george to #3, just based on first semester.

top rookie... i would prolly put matt deuire in front of jr becuase he has 1 more win then jr, even though its the east coast a win is a win

Mckendree University

http://www.Stormbowling.com

The start of a new beginning

#29 - 12/11/06 02:41 PM Re: Best players in the nation! [Re: kurtAngle]
u_wish_u_knew Offline
forum member

Well well well. Not to bash anyone really just to open some people eyes!!!!! Please do your reasearch and think before you talk please. Dakota Jordan rookie Pikeville College 2nd in avg. DIf for rookies. huh thats weird none of you have said anything about that have you? Well again not to bash people but Matt O'grady and Deuire are both very good not taking nothing from them but they do bowl on the east coast against lower talent schools so i mean getting you average dif up is not hard. JR yeah bowling in the heartland confrence NUFF said!!!! The Matts are both great no joke but so far through this point in the season the rookie of the year honor has got to go to DAkota Jordan he has just been better through the first half straight up. Again no disrespect to the MAtts out their at Willy PAt and by the end of the year you may pass Dakota but right now your behind.
#30 - 12/11/06 03:00 PM Re: Best players in the nation! [Re: u_wish_u_knew]
kurtAngle Offline
forum member

I agree with you to an extent, i agree that the matts really shouldnt be up there because they bowl on the east coast and there is NO talent, But in no way is dakota any consiteration right now, he has 0 wins and 0 top 5's. JR has avg 205 bowling bad in both conference events so that has nothing to do with anything. JR also has a teir 1 win. wins and top 5's along with dif that is what they really care about.
#31 - 12/11/06 03:23 PM Re: Best players in the nation! [Re: kurtAngle]
Turd Ferguson Offline
forum member

That comment about JR (angry R) in the heartland conference is crap. Yah, ok it is not a tough conference, but we have also bowled more tournaments than any other teams in the country, and as kurtangle said, he did win the tier 1 in milwaukee which was very competitive. He is my pick for top rook.

Greg K
SVSU

#32 - 12/11/06 03:51 PM Re: Best players in the nation! [Re: Turd Ferguson]
LIBowler827 Offline
forum member

Im not out there this year so i can't say one way or another but i'd just like to point one thing out that as far as i know with the rules matt deuire from willy p isn't a rookie. He bowled 2 years with dutchess community college, just to clear some things up. Keep up the good work both OG and Matt D over at willy p!

"C"

#33 - 12/11/06 04:18 PM Re: Best players in the nation! [Re: LIBowler827]
da chink Offline
forum member

Loc: A Hicktown in Michigan!
too many good players out there, but if you've never seen these 10 bowl, they are tough and if they were on more well known or better funded programs they could compete with anybody and be potential all-americans.

1. Jesse Hojnacki St. Clair CC
2. Jason Wunderlich Robert Morris
3. Steve Kosier Toledeo
4. Sean Rutherford Martin Methodist
5. Matt Langolf St. Clair CC
6. Chris Black BGSU
7. Tim Pfeifer Robert Morris
8. Chris Markham McKendree

and finally two females that can flat out bowl with the best of any female collegiate bowlers, but they bowl on mixed teams that compete in the men's division, their stats count towards the men's statistics and not too many people have seen them bowl or know about them.

9. Jen Churchill St. Clair CC
10. Emily Peterson ND State

#35 - 12/11/06 05:12 PM Re: Best players in the nation! [Re: da chink]
DMAC Offline
forum member

Loc: Saginaw, MI
okie well lets clear some things up here..... i agree with kurtAngle no win OR top 5's for dakota. that plays a hugh part in selections. and as far as conferences go they have turned them all into sport shots now so you cant say that Saginaw or anyone else who bowls in our conference has an advantage.

Now chink yes i would say that 6 out of your top 10 could be possible all-americans but it's not our fault they cant get the funding. at saginaw we barley get any funding, and as for scholarships go we dont have any. so for you saying that we have better funding, i can go say that if we had the funding like witchita, newman, lindenwood,and pikeville then maybe things would be a little different. all i am trying to say is who cares about the what if! things are the way they are so we have to deal with it.

#36 - 12/11/06 06:40 PM Re: Best players in the nation! [Re: DMAC]
da chink Offline
forum member

Loc: A Hicktown in Michigan!
haha my canadian friend,

i never implied which teams get the better funding, i know sag nasty gets crap from the school and that's too bad. Good luck too all this season and in the end chink never lies!

sag nasty repeats as national champs

svsu beats fresno for the title

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Hop to:
Shout Box

September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Generated in 0.133 seconds in which 0.082 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.