Teams
Rankings
Polls
Players
Alumni
Hall of Fame
Archive

Who's Online
0 registered and 45 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Karl Nickolai
westernalum
DMAC
uffleshuffle
rymac300
Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#10467 - 02/20/13 02:47 PM Sectional Predictions
The Coach Offline
forum member

Since the sectional assignments have been posted, what are your predictions for the 4 teams to get out of each location to go to nationals?

Any dark horse teams to look out for?

I am looking for both men's and women's predictions. This should be an interesting year!

#10470 - 02/20/13 03:41 PM Re: Sectional Predictions [Re: The Coach]
The Coach Offline
forum member

Allentown Men
Morehead
Webber
Notre Dame Col.
Rochester Tech
St. Johns - Darkhorse

Allentown Women
Pikeville
Webber
Viterbo
Robert Morris Peoria
Notre Dame Col. - Darkhorse

Smyrna Men
McKendree
Lindenwood
Marian
Urbana
Purdue - Darkhorse

Smyrna Women
Lindenwood
McKendree
Marian
Florida St.
C. Florida - Darkhorse

Fairview Men
Robert Morris
Calumet
St Ambrose
Saginaw
Nebraska - Darkhorse

Fairview Women
Robert Morris
Wright St
Whitewater
Newman
William Penn - Darkhorse

Vegas Men
Wichita
Midland
Cal Fresno
W. Texas

Vegas Women
Wichita
Midland
Maryland Eastern Shore
W. Texas
Mount Mercy - Darkhorse

Thoughts???

#10472 - 02/20/13 09:24 PM Re: Sectional Predictions [Re: The Coach]
10ndpit Offline
forum member

Loc: Virginia
WOMEN

Allentown:
Webber International
Pikeville
Kutztown
St. Francis PA

Sleeper: Sacred Heart

Smyrna:
Lindenwood
McKendree
Florida State
Norfolk State(if they go)

Sleeper: Marian

Fairview Heights:
Newman
Rober Morris IL
Wright State
William Penn

Sleeper: Wisconsin-Whitewater

Las Vegas: Personally think this is most competitive section for the women this year

Wichita State
Maryland Eastern SHore
Midland
Stephen F. Austin

Sleepers: West Texas A&M
Baker

Men

Allentown:
Morehead
Webber International
Notre-Dame Ohio
RIT

Sleeper: William Paterson

Las Vegas:
Cal State- Fresno
Midland
Wichita State
West Texas A&M

Sleeper: Arizona State

Fairview Heights:
Calumet College
RObert Morris- IL
St. AMbrose
Saginaw Valley State

Sleepers: Vincennes, William Penn

Smyrna:
Wisconsin-Whitewater
Lindenwood
Urbana
McKendree

Sleeper: Florida State

#10473 - 02/20/13 11:53 PM Re: Sectional Predictions [Re: The Coach]
jrobowl11 Offline
forum member

ALLENTOWN:
MEN
Morehead
Webber Int
Notre Dame College
William Paterson
Sleeper: RIT, Pikeville

WOMEN
Webber Int
Pikeville
Sacred Heart
Notre Dame
Sleeper: Viterbo, RMU

SMYRNA:
MEN
Lindenwood
McKendree
Wisconsin - Whitewater
Marian
Sleepers:Urbana, Toledo, Martin Methodist, Purdue
Have fun at that one.....

WOMEN
Lindenwood
Marian
McKendree
Florida State
Sleeper: Central Florida

FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS:
MEN
Calumet College
Robert Morris
Saginaw Valley
St. Ambrose
Sleepers: Newman, William Penn, Vincennes

Women
Robert Morris
Wisconsin - Whitewater
Newman
St. Ambrose
Sleeper: Wright State

LAS VEGAS
MEN
Wichita State
Midland
Kansas
CSU- Fresno
Sleeper: UNOH

WOMEN:
Wichita State
Stephen F Austin
Maryland Eastern Shore
Midland
Sleeper: West Texas

The Girls picks are sort of blind, as we don't get to see them nearly as often. Best of luck to everyone.

#10475 - 02/21/13 09:17 AM Re: Sectional Predictions [Re: jrobowl11]
tjmac Offline
forum member

Men

Allentown: (No surprises in this sectional)
Morehead State
Webber
RIT
Notre Dame

Vegas: (Kansas in the upset)
Wichita
Midland
Fresno St
Kansas

Fairview: (William Penn gets in after heartbreak last year)
Robert Morris
Calumet
William Penn
Saginaw Valley

Smyrna: (Whitewater is bowling good right now)
Lindenwood
Urbana
McKendree
Wisc-Whitewater

#10476 - 02/21/13 10:20 PM Re: Sectional Predictions [Re: tjmac]
kevvv-0 Offline
forum member

Post-Season bowling here we go!!!!

MEN
ALLENTOWN:
1) Notre Dame College
2) Morehead State
3) Webber
4) RIT
Wild Card: William Patterson

Smyrna:
1) Lindenwood
2) Urbana
3) McKendree
4) Wisconsin White Water
Wild Card: Martin Methodist

Fairview:
1) RMU Illinois
2) William Penn
3) Calumet
4) Saginaw Valley
Wild Card: St. Ambrose

Vegas:
1) Wichita State
2) Midland
3) Cal State-Fresno
4) Kansas
Wild Card: UNOH

Good luck to all teams!!!!!

#10477 - 02/22/13 01:33 AM Re: Sectional Predictions [Re: kevvv-0]
GingerUU Offline
forum member

MEN
Allentown:
1)Morehead State
2)Webber Intl.
3)Notre Dame College
4)RIT
Darkhorse: William Paterson

Vegas:
1)Wichita State
2)Midland
3)Fresno State
4)UNOH
Darkhorses: West Texas A&M and Kansas

Fairview Heights:
1)Robert Morris
2)Calumet
3)Saginaw Valley State
4)William Penn
Darkhorses: St. Ambrose and Newman

Smyrna:
1)Lindenwood
2)Urbana
3)Mckendree
4)Wisconsin-Whitewater
Darkhorses: Marian, Florida State, Toledo

#10483 - 02/23/13 07:00 PM Re: Sectional Predictions [Re: GingerUU]
TheBowlingGod Offline
forum member

Since I know more about the guys teams I will only predict what I see happening on the guy’s side of the field. Starting on the east coast in Allentown:
1) Notre Dame

Chris Via and Kevin Walker will easily carry this team with supporting cast of Martez Walker will coast into Nationals

2) Webber International University

A solid program over the past four years and currently ranked second in the NAIA BCA Coaches’ Poll. Brandon Hott has led WIU averaging 209 in 13 events but as always it’s the smaller players on the team and it will be Trzcinski and Sergejevas to help decide by how much Webber will make it into Nationals. However, the one thing that does worry about Webber is there ability to start slow in weekend and finish strong later in the

3) Morehead State University

This is the big year for this program. I am not positive on who they have but nine seniors on their roster will make this year the big year for their program. Last year the program had success at Nationals and return their core bowlers and it will be about acting like they have been there more than anything else.

4) William Paterson University

This last sport will be a tough one but I believe that Suscreba, Priore and Garwood will need to deliver big all weekend for WPU. Tyler Mortenson will also have to be a deciding factor if they are to have a chance but I think they will slip in late into the weekend.

Outside chances: Rochester Institute of Tech

This team may fall short because of the players outside of Barber and Knill. These two have bowled over 60 games and both over 202 but who else will help them out? Kaiser and Mantione will have to step up big time in order for RIT to jump over William Paterson.

University of Pikeville

The reason why I have them on the outside looking in at the end of the weekend is because they only have one workhorse, Hohnstein, averaging 201 but for only 51 games. All other bowlers for this team are under 50 games and under 200 which means that someone other than Hohnstein has to be making up for the lack of five full bowlers but are still contenders out east.

SMYRNA, TN

This sectional is the hardest because of what I believe being the strongest sectional this year. The top two or three will be locked in but the four spot will be tough to call and will go down to the 64th game.
1) Lindenwood University

The Lions know what they are doing this year and have depth and will get out of Smyrna but not as comfortable as they may have wished.

2) Urbana University

I see Urbana making it out of this tough sectionals because their depth is better than the other teams in this sectional, outside of LU. They carry a lot of guys will experience and they will hopefully choose all eight wisely in order to make it out safely.

3) McKendree University

McKendree may be feast of famine. They are a strong team this year but at times have struggled. However, their depth have saved them at times but it can be real ugly if they keep certain bowlers in for to long. Dunning and Johnson will have to be on all weekend in order to help out, especially Dunning who has struggled at times but if they are hooking he will be in play.

4) Purdue University

Purdue is made up of a bunch of scrappy bowlers but the energy they have together can make them a contender. They will be in it or out of it at the end of day one but I think their chants and cheers could keep them in because it may disrupt everyone else, if they go quiet they will far down the list.

Outside chances: Wisconsin /Univ. of - Whitewater

This team has shown that it can bowl with the big boys but it has also shown that it is at the bottom of the barrel. The inconsistencies that this team creates along with its off the lanes drama could be the ultimate demise. Wochner will have to keep a couple of key players in check and mentally prepared in order to survive the weekend and advance to Lincoln.

Marian University

No big threat isn't a worry for this very well rounded team. Stats will deceive you about this team but they have potential to hang around and make spares and will end up near the top of the pack late on Sunday

FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, IL

1) Robert Morris University

No real surprise here, the Eagles will easily make it to Lincoln despite some poor baker performance. They will have two or three sets in the weekend that will set them back but will still run away with sectional site.

2) Calumet College of St. Joseph

A very one dimensional team but if the shot is in their favor they will be at the top all weekend long. Biggest thing for this team is if the left side is in play for McCoy because that will allow for him to camp out and throw rockets and the pocket.

3) St. Ambrose University

Speaking of the left side, Anderson will have to be at the bottom of this lineup for SAU success. This team will get by for now but they will need to get some confidence. They got valuable experience last year in Lincoln but the freshmen, Kopera, will need to have a line all weekend to help out this team. Also need to look out for Urban and Peterlin to contribute to ensure advancing once again this year.

4) William Penn University

Coming in right behind the Fighting Bees in the NAIA BCA Coaches’ Poll, the Statesmen checked in at No. 8 and will need to put a solid weekend together to advance but they haven't showed a whole weekend yet. They will have four or five sets that will be low but this weekend, it won't be as low as they have had earlier in the year. The second semester has been a lot better for the team than the first which has created a national ranking that is misleading to those that do not know.

Outside chances: Saginaw Valley State University

Although their high national ranking can make you think they are a serious contender, they may not be. They will have some amazing high sets but their low sets will be just like William Penn, very low. They have a chance to beat out the Statesmen towards the end of the weekend but it will decide on how well they hold off the charging Statesmen late on Sunday. If they can handle the pressure they will advance but if they stumble, they will not advance.

LAS VEGAS, NV

In my opinion the weakest sectional site this year but there will still be a spot open to snag at the end of the day Sunday.

1) Wichita State University

The Shockers have shown they are a team that will easily get to Nationals but it will be how good of a team are they when they get to Lincoln?

2) Midland University

Real competitive team this year with a lot of experience. Cruz and Crowell will carry this team into Lincoln.

3) California State Univ. - Fresno

Chin and Taylor will need to carry this team in order to make sure that late Sunday won't be a problem. This team is stacked with a lot of experience and it doesn't matter which eight makes the team, they will make it to Lincoln. (Editor's Note: don't read this and get a ton of confidence, if you make your shots only then you will advance. Arrogance won't be in your favor in Las Vegas)

4) West Texas A&M University

They don't have a stand out on their team but their team works well together. If they bowl as well as the last time I saw them, then they should make it through, just barely.

Outside chances: Kansas University

I'm betting on the Jayhawks to make a strong showing and going out on a limb, since it is Sin City. They will need to make a lot of good shots and stay away from the tables in order to make it out of Vegas and into Lincoln. This team doesn't have a lot of depth but if they bowled well for two days they could advance.

Good luck all and for those outside chances, prove me wrong

Edited by TheBowlingGod (02/23/13 07:01 PM)

#10484 - 02/23/13 11:58 PM Re: Sectional Predictions [Re: TheBowlingGod]
Captain Obvious Offline
forum member

Ah, my favorite time of year; Sectional Predictions!

Read at your own risk \:\)

ALLENTOWN

Men:

1) Morehead State - this is a veteran crew, and when you have Fitch and Conn to roll the 9th and 10th, its hard to bet against them, and I'm not gonig to be the first to do so. What they lack as technicians they make up for in guts and energy. I see them running away here.

2) Webber - complete opposite of MSU. Tech to the core. Having Faulkner back will be a big help, but I don't think they'd have needed him to advance. They do need him if they have aspriations of winning in Lincoln though. Hott, Trzcinski and a talented crew of young'ins will leave no doubt in the end, but I don't think they content for a repeat.

3) Notre Dame College - I think the predictions of NDC winning this section are a bit inflated. Via is a machine in the 5-10, an they will be back in Lincoln. I don't see them winning this section.

4) St. John's - not the obvious pick here, but this 4th spot is pretty wide open. Several will contend, but see them making a run and coming out on top.

RIT, William Paterson, and Pikeville complicate this one. I feel that the fourth spot could go to anyone.

Women:

1) Webber International - I don't see a team out there that is this talented. If they play well, there isn't anyone here that can touch them.

2) Sacred Heart - if they show up, they get through this one pretty easy. Carbonetto and Trudell are too tough no to make it out.

3) Pikeville - a few fresh faces in the lineup, but the most glaring is the one that is missing (Yioulos). That shouldn't be enough to keep them from getting out of Allentown. They will need some ladies to step up if they plan to go further though.

4) St. Francis PA - again, if they show, they probably make it out. They are a mediocre NCAA team, but they should outclass Peoria and Viterbo.

The part that is too bad is that Peoria and Viterbo worked hard all year to get into the top 16, and they basically had that distinction taken away by the NCAA squads that don't really care about this tournament until they don't get an NCAA selection...but thats another rant!

SMYRNA (this section is so full of teams that could go 2-7, I think its the toughest section to pick)

Men:

1) Lindenwood - this is a deep crew, and Lemiesz, Spink and co. want to make it back to that semifinal match and move on this time. They have the game to do it, but if the section turns into a grind like it did last year, they might not win here. They'll make it through regardless, but the more strikes available, the more dangerous they are.

2) McKendree - AJ and Dunning will get these guys into Lincoln. They have played at a high level all year and if they get any sort of momentum, they are hard to slow down.

3) Whitewater - Kruml looks like the real deal, but his supporting cast had better come to play if they want to make it. I think they do.

4) Marian - Hattori company will get it done. Not enough people talking about the quality of players they have, and this will be the stage to step that game up.

Those picks leave out a pretty good Urbana team, but they lack the big hitter to get them when they need them. Purdue has some fight, but I'm afraid they have the same problem.

Women:

1) McKendree - an up and down season is going to come to fruition for the McK ladies, as they win this one.

2) Lindenwood - almost seems as if this is a gift as compared to the death section from PA last year. They have lots of veterans in the lineup, and thats what you need to get to Lincoln.

3) Marian - The Knights make it this year after a long trip to Texas came up short last season. They'll need to be on their game, but this section isn't particularly strong.

4) Florida State - a well coached bunch that will make it out of this section. It is going to be a tight race for the fourth spot.

Norfolk State could throw a wrench in this one if they show up and play well.

FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS

Men:

1) RMU - The obvious choice. They are tough to beat in a marathon format, and in that bowling center. They are going to have to get a bit better in the match play format to win it all, but getting there wil not be an issue.

2) Calumet - Kubacki's guys are well coached, and have been playing very well. Hard to convince me that they won't make it out of this section, or even give Robert Morris a run for their money here.

3) Vincennes - another one of the best coached groups around. They turned heads last year by making it out of Smyrna, and I think they do so again here.

4) William Penn - they are playing as well as anyone right now. If Foster and Barboza show up, they will get a little revenge for last year.

Women:

1) Whitewater - This team is pretty good when they hook, and they are guaranteed to do that.

2) RMU - I don't think they are strong enough to be the #1 overall seed, but not so weak to not make it out. They will make it with little trouble.

3) Newman - Murphy's girls are well coached and will be ready for this tournament. They lost several experienced players last year, but despite that will find their way out of St. Clair Bowl.

4) Wright State - the fourth spot is pretty wide open here, but I feel like Wright State will come out on top.

LAS VEGAS

Men:

1) Wichita State - simply because it is silly to pick against them. They had nearly he same draw last year and sent Midland packing by over 1000. Granted, the faces have changed some, but that isn't going to effect the outcome here.

2) Midland - and by a smaller margin than last year. I think they keep it close. Someone mentioned Crowell and Cruz, but I think Steiner is the key for them to be competitive in Lincoln. Show experience is indispensible.

3) Fresno - new faces in this group, but they play with heart and are well coached. This section isn't strong enough to give them trouble.

4) UNOH - these guys played pretty well during their first trip to Vegas, and they will take advantage of the weak lower half of this field.

I see West Texas in the mix and coming up short in the last few blocks, and KU doing the same.

Women:

1) Wichita - Do I need reasons? Tan, Roumpimer, Kovalova. They might be really good if a Jr. team member barely plays anymore. Chances they get beat in a marathon? Zero.

2) UMES - the Hawks keep crashing the USBC party. A long trip for them, but they'll make it and it will be on to Lincoln.

3) Midland - all their big producers are freshmen, so this will be their frist run through at sectionals. I'd be worried if the field were any stronger, but I don't see four teams that can beat them.

4) SFA - Some people might see this spot as wide open, but Parkhurst & Crawford are good enough to carry them through. I don't see WT or Fresno putting up much of a fight.

Remember, this is just how I see it...nobody get their panties in a twist. All in good fun!

#10487 - 02/25/13 01:06 AM Re: Sectional Predictions [Re: Captain Obvious]
CBreezy Offline
forum member

Eh, long shot here.

Allentown

-Morehead State: While some people might see this as biased, I dont think anybody will disagree with us getting through with the insane amount of talent and experience on this team.

-Notre Dame: Deep team that can string strikes together in a hurry. Pretty solid from many angles starting from the beginning to the end. Via as a go-to doesnt hurt either.

-Webber: Another deep team, and with past success, they obviously know how to get it done in the end.

4th spot is going to be a huge toss up. Pikeville, St. Johns, William Patterson, RIT all in the running. All have the potential, just see who can get a good start and stay there all the way through. Going to be a marathon for these guys.

Smyrna

Lindenwood: Proved to everyone they deserve to be in Lincoln later in the year. Deep with lots of talent and experience.

McKendree: Very aggressive team, doesnt back down. If there some friction for a bank, expect this team to put up big numbers. AJ having a great year as well, Im sure he has no plans of his year ending in TN.

Urbana: Made match play at the hoosier and have a few guys that can step up when needed. While they might not be top pick for this sectional, they definitely will not go away quietly.

Tough Pick here, I think its a toss up between Marian and Purdue. Maybe a few others creeping in the background, but those 2 are the ones that stick out.

Fairview Heights

Robert Morris: Yet another really deep team. If they can come together and play as a unit, they will be extremely tough to beat. As a group of individuals though, they show some signs of slowing down. Over the long format will have no problems though.

Saginaw Valley: Might be considered to some as a sleeper, but if they get the mental aspect down, they could be dangerous.

Newman: Sleep pick by some as well. One of the smoothest teams in college bowling right now, and extremely underrated. Watch for a run by them, especially if they can get off to a good start.

Vincennes: This is kind of a toss up, but I think with the history Vincennes has here, and with Coach Sparks experience on board, they will make it out.

Las Vegas

Wichita: Deep and has plenty of experience. Expect them to not run into much trouble here.

Midland: Impressive year, with lots of talent. Can also put some big numbers up, and I dont think anybody expects anything different from them.

Fresno: They have been there before and know how to get the job done. Maybe some new faces, but with the same coaches who know what it takes to motivate them and propel them to Lincoln.

4th spot: Toss up between a few teams, but I think Kansas might sneak in. West Texas A&M might also make a run as well.

Just my opinion. Honestly, I think there are a ton of sleepers and anybody can get going at any point in time. Just depends on who bowls as a team and not a group of individuals. Bakers call for teamwork, and the true teams will be in Lincoln later on down the road.

Cheers

Morehead State University

Page 1 of 2 12>

Hop to:
Shout Box

November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Generated in 0.206 seconds in which 0.143 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.